Your initial exam will last approximately 30 minutes to one hour. We will review your medical and dental history and perform a comprehensive examination of your teeth and gums, and an oral cancer exam. In most cases, during this initial consultation we will be able to provide a diagnosis of your periodontal condition and propose a treatment plan to improve your dental health.
Because we know your time is important, we try to stay on schedule to minimize waiting. Prior to your appointment, you may download the required forms on our home page.
Please assist us at the time of your first visit to our office by providing the following information:
- Your referral slip (if you have one), health history and registration forms
- Any X-rays from your referring dentist (if given), including any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months
- A list of medications you are currently taking
- Your dental insurance card, if insured.
- State issued photo identification card.
Please arrive approximately 15 minutes prior to your examination so that we can verify any information. A parent or guardian must accompany patients under 18 to this consultation appointment.